"Talk about a dream; try to make it real. You wake up in the night with a fear so real. You spend your life waiting for a moment that just dont come. Well don't waste your time waiting..." B.S. (Badlands)

dilluns, 6 de juliol del 2009

Walk Manhattan


It was an amazing sunday in Manhattan. I walked across the Village, little Italy and Chinatown. There are already some places I've seen twice and I could have this feeling of being in a place that I know. The streets of the Village are crowded of students and groovies. Many girls walking in the shortest trousers I've never seen. Believe me, it seems to be a "the shortest trousers contest" or "the longest legs price". Anyway, another reason to keep walking in the ciy that never sleeps.

Leaving the Meatpacking District I found the church of "Our lady of Guadalupe/Nuestra senora de Guadalupe", a roman catholic church full of hispanos who where waiting for their Sunday morning mess. Outside the church a kitchen-car offered "tortitas" and other Mexican specialities to the hungry prayers. Selling in the street is a way of life for many survivors of this urban jungle. I could see it later again in the financial district. Next to the Ground Zero hundred of Africans sell lux bags hided inside their two wheeled cars.


I walked along the Canal Street into Little Italy. Again the crazy business. Hundreds of shops side by side selling mark watches and perfumes. Incredible prices. Little Italy has turn into a huge restaurants mail
and about Chinatown, it seems it doesn't stop growing. They took all the remaining place to the Jewish and German immigrants that used to be there a long time ago. By the way, how good it is to eat a viet homemade soup. It is a the perfect way to feel like eating something healthy when you are being bombed by fastfood of any kind from every corner.

Before beginning the way back "home" through the Wall Street and TriBeCa, I bought a cap. Yeah! In front of the Brooklyn bridge I spent 24$ in a Yankees cap. Really necessary when you are nine hours walking Manhattan under the sun.

It's time to move to Boston after a short weekend in New York city. If I find a locker at the Penn Station, maybe I take a last walk around the city of my dreams.

2 comentaris:

  1. Near the ground zero there is Century 21, oh My God!!!, the better place that I've never seen!!!...., no it's a joke, NYC has thousand of amazing places. I remember specially, walking across the Brooklyn Bridge and read under a Central Park tree. I hope you enjoy your trip. Regards from the xurry of Emeshing!

    ResponElimina
  2. Ei noi, m'he enganxat al teu travel blog. Ara mateix el poso a recomanar en el meu Emeshing.com
    Passa-t'ho bé en el viatge, i recomana llocs per allà en passis.

    ResponElimina